Our mission is the conservation and management of Saskatchewan’s wild furbearers and their habitat while preserving, promoting and maintaining our trapping heritage.
Our vision is a Saskatchewan that recognizes and embraces the trapping fraternity as stewards of the land and keepers of a valuable and sustainable fur resource.
- To welcome into our membership all persons who support the objectives of the Association.
- To develop and provide educational programs which promote the ethics of humane trapping, good landowner-trapper relationships, firearm safety and fur management principles.
- To submit views and recommendations to the governing authorities that enact regulations enabling all trappers to conduct their activities without any harassment or interference.
- To co-operate with and support the work of national, provincial and regional authorities and organizations and individuals whose interests and objectives are similar to those of the Association.
- To promote communication between the Association, the membership and the public through all forms of media.
- To accept donations of real estate, monetary funds or materials and to hold title to property, both real and personal, for the purpose of furthering the objectives of the Association